Sunday, July 6, 2014

5 months old

 Its hard to believe, my little lady is 5 months old.  She got a few more vaccinations last week.  The doctor said she is happy and healthy weighing in at 15 pounds 13 ounces---the 80th percentile.  About a week and a half ago, she rolled over for the first time.  In honor of her 5 month birthday, she got to eat her first 'real' dinner.  Carrots.  Yum.

Benny quickly took over the responsibility of feeding Claire.  "I will do it.  I will feed her the baby food."  Clearly, I am not needed.


Mommy's happy little carrot eater.

Currently, one of my favorite parts of the day is when Benny and I get Claire out of bed in the morning.  One of the most precious things about 2 year-olds is how they 'mispronounce' words.  Benny's 'L' sounds, particularly at the beginning of words, come out as a 'Y' sound.  Every morning, he says "I will hold the little lady."  But, it comes out as 'yittle yady.'  Precious.  He rocks her and sings Twinkle Twinkle.

Mama's beautiful baby.   I just love this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment