Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Nine Months Old!

Say its not so!!!!!  My baby turns nine months old today.  He is definitely looking more and more like a little boy and not a baby.  I'm not sure I like it.  What's Benny up to at nine months?

1) Crawling all over the place.  He doesn't want his toys much anymore.  He wants things he is not supposed to have.  His favorite thing----cords.  Cord to the computer, cell phone charger cord, heater cord, etc., etc.  I believe I spend 80% of my time dragging him away from cords.

2) He now will sometimes notice when you leave a room and crawl after you.

3) Pulling my hair!  He loves my hair.  Thus, I always keep it pulled up in a ponytail/messy bun thing.  However, he has discovered that he can reach around behind my head and pull it down.  He winds up with fists full of hair that he pulls out.  Don't know what to do about that....

4) Teething???  Still no visible teeth, but he has been biting so hard the last few days.  We shall see.  When I pick him up he likes to bite on my chin.

5) Last Thursday we had a doctor's apt.  He weighed 23 pounds 6 ounces and was 30 inches long.  That is 90th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for length.  100%  healthy :)

***An aside from #4 and #5, we had a few nights of horrible sleep.  I saw every hour of the night for a few days.  Maybe it was just the vaccinations he got because he did a lot better last night.  Hopefully.

Two weekends ago, Aunt Martha from Texas came to visit.  We had dinner at Grammy's, and there happened to be a birthday cake for me :) 
 
With candles....

Benny liked the frosting!
 
Benny getting into mischief.  He loves to get into cupboards and drawers.  I allow him to play with the lids to our pots and pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment