Friday, September 14, 2012

Mr. Funny Guy

This week, Benny has seemed to grow and develop SO much!  He is a pro at being on his tummy and then moving up into a sitting position.  He crawls too!  If I put some highly desired item (like a phone---he loves phones), he will crawl a foot or two to get to it.  I'll make an official declaration of his crawling capabilities once he gets a bit more proficient, and we get a video of it.  (As soon as you get out the camera, he stops crawling to look at you and the camera.)  Gotta hold him to high standards!  I was feeding him Cherrios by the coffee table yesterday, and he pulled himself up to his knees clinging to the coffee table trying to get to the cherrios.

But, what is the the cutest?  He seems to know when situations are funny and is starting to initiate play.  One of our favorite games is 'stinky toes.'  I lay him on the couch, smell his feet, and pretend they are really stinky.  He thinks it is hilarious!  Well, now when we start to play, he sticks his toes under my nose by himself and starts to giggle.  Its too funny!  I'll have to try to get a video of him doing it.

Then, tonight when I was getting him ready for his bath he started to pee without his diaper on.  He was giggling uncontrollably.  (He's done it twice now) I'm curious as to whether he really knows that this situation is funny?  It sure seems like he is thinking, "I know I'm not supposed to do this!"  Anyway, I think he knows and understands quite a lot at this point.  No fooling this guy anymore.  He's a smart cookie.

When you get up in the morning, you gotta start playing right away!

Last weekend, we had Grammy and Grampie's 37th anniversary celebration at our house.

Callie assisted with blowing out the candles.  Benny assisted in eating the frosting.

3 comments:

  1. We can 2nd that thought on his been so smart & interactive in play & knowing what's going on in this world. Truly he has also learned to try and give kisses on the cheek. Probably because we can never leave his alone & are always kissing on his cheeks. He now comes to your cheeks & loves to drool on them. SO PRESCIOUS & Cute! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to your Mommy too for the yummy cake & parents for having a nice party for us!

      Delete
    2. Yes! That is true about him giving kisses! That's one of my favorites!

      Delete