Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Tree 2013

This year Benny was pretty excited about Christmas.  It didn't take long at all for him to acquire the Christmas terminology: Santa, Christmas tree, elf, snowflake, snowman, candy cane, pine cone, etc. etc....

The day after Thanksgiving we went to a local Christmas tree farm to select our tree.  Kevin is a purist.  You must cut your Christmas tree down in order for it to count that you had a Christmas tree.  (I grew up with the 'shake the dust off of the artificial plastic tree in the attic' Christmas tree approach.)  Anyway, off we went!

I'm not all that good with technology.  Here is a picture of Benny with the tree in our car.  I rotated it in Picasa, but it still shows up like this...

When we got home, I put Benny down for his nap.  While he napped, Kevin and I brought the tree in the house and decorated it.  His reaction when he woke up from his nap was priceless.  Its captured in this video below:
http://youtu.be/Q61Iz4odr3o

Let me take a closer look....

Having a Christmas tree with a 2 year old went better than I expected.  Only about 1 day of him really wanting to take the ornaments off before he got the 'look but don't touch' theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment