Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Little Singer

By now, everyone knows I love to snuggle my little Benny.  Here is our morning routine:  he wakes up, I give him his binkie, and I bring back to bed with me.  We start the day with about 20-30 minutes of snuggling.  He likes to put his cheek against mine and play with my hair.  Sometimes I'll sing him songs.  Lately he has decided he will sing to me.  Its usually just random humming (he has the binkie in his mouth.)  But today I could pick out every song.  He hummed "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Jesus Loves Me," and "Where is Thumbkin."  His sweet little eyes are closed, and he is humming away.  I hear another melody and can't quite decide what it is.  Then I realize it is "I Am Jesus' Little Lamb."  That isn't even a song I sing to him.  Its the song Grammie always sings to him when she rocks him. 

Benny knows how to melt his mommy's heart.

When we were out and about this morning, he was singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" complete with hand motions in his car seat.  His best line of the song is 'out came the sun.'  He's such a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment